The MMM training curriculum for migrant-mentors
One of the main aims of the MMM project is to involve well integrated (and possibly educated) migrants to be migrant-mentors (MMs). As migrants themselves they will:
- be able to explain complex concepts in migrant languages
- know both migrants and European culture
- understand the needs of migrant learners at personallevel
The Migrant Mentors training curriculum is a set of guidelines for training migrant-mentors in the area of literacy, numeracy, ICT and social competences.
It focuses on:
- basic teaching strategies
- goals and aims of the MMM
- tips on how to motivate and resolve conflicts
- instructions for optimal transfer of basic skills to other migrants.
You’ll find the curriculum here!
In the near future, we will also publish the detailed partial curricula for all four areas.
The input evaluation is finished!
In order to be able to review the development process of the future mentors, the curriculum and its impact as well as the future work of the mentors, it is necessary to conduct a project-accompanying evaluation with status quo reviews.
This first evaluation describes the state BEFORE the first training from different views.
We compare the different national results and draw the corresponding conclusions. The number of respondents is certainly not significant in the statistical sense and make no claim to completeness. However, according to statements of all project staff, they reflect also the perception of the observers. You find the document here.